- The Bible was penned by forty men from various occupations and educational levels on three continents in three languages over a 1,500-year time span. In spite of this diversity, the message of God's redemption is a consistent thread from one book to another. Though some may argue that a great collusion took place in order for the Bible to be so consistent, we must remember that not all of the writers would have had access to the earlier books. In addition, the Bible was written in a time when there weren't conference calls, Skype, e-mail, etc.
- Biblical prophecies, often given with great detail, have been fulfilled with startling accuracy. Statisticians will tell you that the chance of just eight of the 300+ prophecies dealing with Christ's birth taking place are 1 x 10 to the twenty-eighth power. Here's what that looks like written out: 1 in 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000. Yet all of the prophesies regarding the birth of Jesus were fulfilled.
- The historical events chronicled in the Bible are accurate and substantiated by other historical records. The Babylonian invasion, the Assyrian invasion, the Pharoahs and pyramid-building of Egypt, the life, death, burial, and resurrection of Christ, etc.
- Archaeological finds--as well as places and events recorded in the Bible--have confirmed the accuracy of the Bible. As an example, the walls of Jericho were found in a position that matches what the Bible says happened. In addition we have thousands of manuscript copies of the New Testament (compared to The Iliad which has less than 700 copies and the works of Aristotle, of which there are only a handful, neither of which are disputed). And the New Testament itself, along with the Dead Sea Scrolls and other manuscripts, corroborate the accuracy of the Old Testament. The Bible has been hand-recorded through various scribes over a large period of time, with astonishing accuracy. There are no serious contradictions or errors, and in places where there are minor discrepancies, the content meaning does not change.
- What we now know to be scientific fact was recorded in the Bible long before they were scientifically confirmed. These include: the earth as a sphere (Isaiah 40:22; Job 26:10), the infinitesimal universe (Isaiah 55:9), the water cycle (Ecclesiastes 1:7; Job 36:27-28), the vast array of stars (Jeremiah 33:22), the importance of blood to life (Leviticus 17:11), atmospheric circulation (Ecclesiastes 1:6), gravitational pull (Job 26:7), etc.
- The geographical accuracy of the Bible has been substantiated through archaeological finds. Biblical places once thought suspect have since been confirmed through archaeological findings. In sharp contrast, other religious books list places that have not been proved to exist.
- Eyewitness accounts of those who lived during Biblical times also verify the accuracy of the Bible. What makes this even more mind-boggling is that many of these eye-witnesses testified to the truth in spite of persecution. Would you risk your life to testify for something false?
- Another proof for the Bible is the approximately one thousand references within scripture that mention God or Jesus speaking, even though the individual books were written by different men who never claimed that the words they were writing came from them.
"Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled."
"For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart."